Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cuppa Christmas Cocoa

Cocoa in a canning jar.

I made some delish cocoa mix this morning. I found the recipe in my Susan Branch cookbook (L O V E her).



Hot Cocoa Mix

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies (optional)
To make cocoa: Add 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Mix to 8 oz. of hot milk; stir until dissolved.
I am going to serve mine in these festive, red mugs that I got for my birthday last year from my sister, Alli.

Aren't they just perfect?

3 comments:

Cara V. said...

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds yummy!

I was thinking about making some to give as Christmas gifts, do you mind if I ask where you get the jars and lids? Thanks!!

Lyndee said...

Wonderful! Hey you have the greatest of birthdays. Will think of you as I cough and be sick and take care of kids. I will try to do the online book discussion but have no idea how. E-mail me on my grammaninners@yahhoo.com one please??? Love you and miss you!

Mrs. B. said...

Hi Cara, thanks for visiting my blog. :)
I found my Ball canning jars at my local grocery store on sale for $1 each.
Hopefully you can find some too!