Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Herbal Inspiration

I'm going to start an herb container garden. Isn't that fun?

Something just inspired me...don't know what but it's there and I'm going with it!

I do not have a green thumb. Not at all. It's more brown. Muddy brown. And ugly. Things die when I plant them.

But. I will try. And you will be updated regularly. I know you are excited.

Photo from marthastweart.com

Look at that great idea for keeping track of which plant is in which container! Charming.

On my list of must-have herbs is:

Basil (for Pesto)
Cilantro (for Salsa)
Oregano (for Italian)
Dill (for Dips)
Rosemary (because it's a pretty name)

I would also like to plant tomatoes, but I don't know how they do in small pots. I'll have to google that one...

Now I just have to beg Mr. B. for a bit of spending money so I can start my gardening project.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Arnold Family said...

Hmm I may watch you for awhile and do it too. I have been wanting to start a garden for awhile. But along with the big foods, I have wanted herbs as well. You may show me the way!