Thursday, September 6, 2007

Funfetti Isn't So Fun.


Since when did Pillsbury stop making their Funfetti frosting without the little, colorful bits in it?
I bought the cake mix and frosting to make Beck some birthday cupcakes (another birthday celebration - the last one - is coming up!) and found, to my great dismay, plain old vanilla frosting with a little packet of sprinkles on the top. What is this?!
This is very disappointing for me.
I remember my mother making me a Funfetti cake, complete with Funfetti frosting, every year for my birthday growing up. While the cake was fun, it was the frosting that make it all worth it, with the little chunks in it...
It is a sad day when Funfetti isn't even fun anymore.

2 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

We always do the funfetti too. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled next time I go shopping.

Beth said...

Oh my gosh - so funny that you just posted this! I bought a Funfetti mix and frosting to make last weekend while we were hosting my parents for our landscaping fun. Only to find out the same thing you did!!! No funfetti IN the frosting per days of yore - only the yucky plastic sprinkles to apply manually!! What is up with that?!?!? So I definitely agree w/your post - funfetti isn't as fun any more.