Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Thought that Gives Freedom.

I was at a leadership meeting this past week and the facilitator was asking us what our biggest distraction was. She said hers was balance. I think her exact words were "the ever elusive balance." That struck me. I stole her answer and made it my own (shameless, I know.)

Balance. It is this magic word that so many people strive for. But can you ever get there? Can you ever genuinely feel balanced? For more than ten seconds, I mean.

I don't think I can. I try and try. I'm a perfectionist to the nth degree and life always seems to get in my way. "How rude!" :(

The second part of the exercise was making the commitment to overcome the distraction and press on toward the goal. How do I get over my obsession with perfection and balance in my life?

The facilitator (genius that she is) had the answer!

Prayer.

How exhilarating! How freeing! How perfect!


1 comment:

Beth said...

Great thoughts!