Saturday, August 25, 2007

Seriously Yummy Fruit Pizza

A friend of mine makes this beautiful dessert whenever she's called upon to bring something sweet to an event. It gets gobbled up very quickly.
She finally emailed us all the recipe and it's so great I just had to pass it along.

Fruit Pizza
Crust:
White cake mix
1 egg
1/2 c. oil
2 tsp. plus water (I use 2 overflowing tsp. of water - I didn't know what she meant by "plus")
Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese ("whipped" variety is easy to mix, blends quickly)
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbs. sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Glaze:
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tbs. cornstarch
1 1/4 c. orange juice
Mix crust ingredients and press into a 12-in. deep dish pizza pan. Bake at 350-375 degrees for 13 - 18 min. and cool completely. (I think I cook mine at 365 for 18 minutes) Beat filling ingredients and spread over cooled crust. Top with fruit. Her suggestions include: strawberries, halved grapes, sliced peaches, blueberries, banana slices, sliced kiwi, pineapple tidbits, etc. I haven't used bananas so I don't know if they do well. Mix glaze ingredients and stir until boiling for 1 to 2 min. Cool and pour over fruit. Keep refrigerated.

1 comment: