Friday, August 24, 2007

Brunchity Brunch

A little glimpse of the table
New friends + Brunch = Splendid!
I had some ladies for brunch today. There were six women, four toddlers and three beautiful babies. What a perfect recipe for a fun morning!
The Menu
Fruit & Creamy Fruit Dip
Cinnamon Strusel Muffins
Blueberry Muffins
Apple Strudel
Cheese Strudel
Maple Sausage Links
Hash brown Sausage Casserole
Iced Coffee
Juice
For the Kiddies
Breakfast Trail Mix
Capri Sun
Applesauce
I had a request for the casserole recipe. Casserole...I detest that word. It just makes me think of...I don't know...icky-ness. But alas, that is what I made and it tasted delicious.
Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole
  • 1 lb mild ground pork sausage
  • 1/4 c. chopped onion
  • 2 1/2 c. frozen cubed hash browns (do not thaw)
  • 5 lg eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 c. (8 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 3/4 c. milk
  • 1 c. bisquick baking mix
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown sausage and onion in large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until meat crumbles. Stir in hash browns and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink and potatoes are lightly browned. Drain mixture on paper towels; spoon into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.

Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture, stirring well. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Makes 8 servings.



Nothing says "breakfast" like fresh flowers and muffins

I hope the brunch was a welcome break from the monotony of crushed cheerios in the carpet and hurried bowls of soggy Raisin Bran for the lovely ladies I had the pleasure of hosting this morning. Being a mommy to preschoolers isn't an easy job...but it sure has it's perks.

4 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

Wow! I'm sure it was wonderful...I love those types of get togethers. And you take the best pictures...you should do photography professionally.

The Arnold Family said...

And, how much of that did you make and how much did you buy? AND if you made it where in the world did you find the time?

Mrs. B. said...

I made the casserole, fruit dip, iced coffee and muffins. I bought the strudels frozen and heated them in the oven (they are sooo good).
I was up veeeery late the night before and I got up veeeeery early that morning. And I have a veeeery helpful hubby. ;)

The Arnold Family said...

Thanks! I had actually been thinking about dusting off my hospitality skills (I havent done JACK since moving to Alabama...had the pastor and his wife over once...) and a brunch sounds quite lovely. I may even try your casserole. :)